This week is a big one. Why? Because it’s when the radio community (in Portland and around the world) and all Freeform Portland volunteers rally together to raise dollars to make Freeform Portland the mightiest station it can be. Freeform volunteers (Did you know, we are all volunteers!?) listeners, friends, and family are the bloodline of Freeform Portland. Without community support, we wouldn’t exist. Nope. Nada. Never.
This year we are aiming to raise $20,000. With your help, we can be everywhere you go – anywhere where there is an internet connection, and on the dial in Portland with an improved FM range. It’s all very exciting stuff. More listener reach = a bigger, more badass community. Win. Win.
A few reasons people choose to donate their dollars to Freeform Portland Radio:
- Airwaves are a part of the common treasury, they belong to all of us.
- Freeform Portland is community radio — that’s you and me and our neighbors. Not some corporation in some city far away. It’s OUR station.
- Regardless of genre, Freeform DJs play what commercial stations ignore.
- Freeform Portland is a huge supporter of the local music scene; from shows that focus on Portland-based musicians, to live-remote broadcasts from local and live music events every other week, Freeform supports the well-being of our local culture.
- Freeform Portland goes beyond curation. We appeal to your sense of musical adventure. I mean, where else are you going to hear a gem like this:
If you’re tired of hearing the same old, same old… if you’re tired of the endless repetition and the sanitized playlists you get from the corporate-run radio stations, then join us. Make a gift to Freeform Portland HERE.
Thanks for supporting Freeform Portland. We love you!